To earn early1 registration benefit, annually members must:
- Attend at least 4 club meetings per year and
- Perform one or more of the following service activities:
- Serve on a committee
- Serve as an officer
- Complete 2 days as a volunteer during trail work weekends or an event weekend
To earn a free2 event registration benefit, for each event members must::
- Complete the above and during trail work weekends (i.e. trail work organized through website with sign up) or the event weekend perform one or more of the following service activities
- Serve as a crew leader3 or committee chair
- Complete an additional 4 days (total of 6 days) of volunteer work
- Make other significant contributions to the club as determined by the elected officers4
1Only members who register for volunteer slots can early register prior to the general public registration.
2The credit for free registration is applied for use after the soonest upcoming event. E.g. Volunteer in May to prepare for Ride for Research and registration for the next Big Woods 200 is free. Volunteer in August to prepare for Big Woods 200 and registration for the next Ride for Research is free. First year phase-in is based on 2019 BW200 service activities or officer’s discretion.
3Examples of crew leaders are trail crew leader, check-in/sign-in leader, sound check leader, raffle/auction setup leader, garage leader, GPS/roll chart leader, event registration leader. This list will be periodically revised by the elected officers.
4By or before December 31 of each year the Membership Committee will reconcile volunteer time to credits issued.